- RSS Channel Showcase 4754879
- RSS Channel Showcase 5006806
- RSS Channel Showcase 5312327
- RSS Channel Showcase 4653394
Articles on this Page
- 05/02/14--13:02: _Auto Insurer Create...
- 05/09/14--10:31: _Cost of Car Ownersh...
- 05/26/14--09:02: _10 Ways to Lower Yo...
- 08/06/14--04:42: _Insurance Companies...
- 09/10/14--09:32: _Touring the Hagerty...
- 09/24/14--09:02: _Can I Insure a Modi...
- 10/22/14--06:02: _What to do After a ...
- 11/10/14--08:14: _How to Save Big Mon...
- 01/14/15--07:02: _Usage-Based Auto In...
- 02/06/15--12:18: _10 Things Your Insu...
- 03/14/15--05:00: _Top 10 Cheapest Veh...
- 04/15/15--15:01: _Michigan is Most Ex...
- 05/02/14--13:02: Auto Insurer Creates Pay-by-Mile Program
- 05/09/14--10:31: Cost of Car Ownership Dipped in 2013: Study
- 05/26/14--09:02: 10 Ways to Lower Your Insurance
- 08/06/14--04:42: Insurance Companies Developing Apps to Track Drivers
- 09/10/14--09:32: Touring the Hagerty Insurance Private Car Collection
- 09/24/14--09:02: Can I Insure a Modified Vehicle?
- 10/22/14--06:02: What to do After a Crash
- 11/10/14--08:14: How to Save Big Money on Car Insurance
- 01/14/15--07:02: Usage-Based Auto Insurance Popularity Wanes
- 02/06/15--12:18: 10 Things Your Insurance Company Knows About You
- 03/14/15--05:00: Top 10 Cheapest Vehicles to Insure
- 04/15/15--15:01: Michigan is Most Expensive State for Car Insurance
Auto Insurer Creates Pay-by-Mile Program
City drivers can potentially save money by turning to a pay-by-mile auto insurance policy. San Francisco-based MetroMile allows motorists in California, Washington, Illinois and Oregon to pay by the mile for their auto insurance, stating that the typical person who drives less than 10,000 miles a year can save up to $400 annually. Customers simply... more
Cost of Car Ownership Dipped in 2013: Study
Cars are expensive any way you take them: Broken ones need to be fixed and fixed ones don’t come cheap. But the costs to own a car actually dropped in 2013 according to the results of a new study. AAA released its annual “Your Driving Costs” study today and the results indicate that on average,... more
10 Ways to Lower Your Insurance
Car insurance can be costly, but there are quite a few ways to reduce your monthly premium. Some of these tips may be common knowledge, but new car owners might not know of them. Just making sure your insurance company has the latest information on your car is important and will help you get the... more
Insurance Companies Developing Apps to Track Drivers
Insurance companies are becoming increasingly tech savvy about monitoring their customers. Progressive and Allstate are turning to smartphone apps to monitor how well their customers are driving, a natural progression from OBD-II connected devices like Progressive’s Snapshot. The Snapshot device currently is installed in your dashboard, monitoring a 30-day driving period. Based on the drivers’... more
Touring the Hagerty Insurance Private Car Collection
Nestled in the untamed wilds of Northern Michigan, or more specifically the charming mini-metropolis of Traverse City, is a world-class collection of vintage cars you’ve probably never seen or even heard of before. Informally referred to as The Hagerty Garage, this eclectic group of vehicles is comprised of about 25 autos plus a handful of... more
Can I Insure a Modified Vehicle?
Insurance is something everyone needs but no one wants to pay for. Shelling out a big chunk of change every month for an essentially invisible service seems like a gross financial burden until you actually need it. This is especially true of car insurance. Maybe you’ve never had an accident or perhaps you haven’t even... more
What to do After a Crash
Like an addendum to Murphy’s Law, the unforeseen tends to happen when you least expect it; misfortune is like a lot like a combination ninja/cat burglar/stealth bomber. Glance away for a split second and BAM, something bad happens. Whether your dog sneaks a slice of pizza off your dinner plate or a friend’s printer stops... more
How to Save Big Money on Car Insurance
Looking to lower your car-insurance premium? Aren’t we all? Well, one easy way to cut the cost of coverage is to raise your deductible. A study published by InsuranceQuotes.com clearly illustrates that higher deductibles result in big savings, though not all drivers benefit equally. Motorists in some states make out like bank robbers while others... more
Usage-Based Auto Insurance Popularity Wanes
Usage-based car insurance is losing popularity among American drivers. According to a recent survey conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International (PSRAI), 51 percent of Americans said they would never consider using a pay-as-you-drive insurance program, up from 37 percent last year. The survey suggests that millennials are most likely to use such a service... more
10 Things Your Insurance Company Knows About You
Your insurance company can’t verify the annual mileage you drive, your marital status or who in your household drives your car, so why do they ask those questions when it comes to getting an insurance provider? We reached out to an insurance expert for answers about what you share with your insurance provider. But one... more
Top 10 Cheapest Vehicles to Insure
Car insurance is a necessary evil, an extra expense you really can’t drive without. Coverage is important both to protect yourself and others when the unexpected inevitably happens. Paying that monthly premium can take a sizable bite out of your budget, especially if you drive an expensive or powerful vehicle. It’s no secret, as horsepower... more
Michigan is Most Expensive State for Car Insurance
A study has revealed the most expensive and least expensive states in the U.S. to insure a car. Leading the way as the most expensive state in the U.S. for car insurance is Michigan with an average rate of $2,476. The study was conducted by Insure.com, who has done the annual study since 2010 and... more