- RSS Channel Showcase 7470549
- RSS Channel Showcase 8354616
- RSS Channel Showcase 3770597
- RSS Channel Showcase 1586473
Articles on this Page
- 04/25/12--09:10: _Insurance Tips to K...
- 06/25/12--12:52: _Driver Satisfaction...
- 06/25/12--15:02: _Automatic In-Car Br...
- 07/10/12--15:40: _Progressive Determi...
- 08/28/12--10:45: _What to do if You A...
- 11/07/12--10:02: _Fisker Reports $30 ...
- 11/22/12--15:32: _Animal-Related Car ...
- 11/26/12--13:01: _How to Drive on Sno...
- 12/06/12--15:32: _Classic Car Collect...
- 12/07/12--13:01: _Drivers Not Prepare...
- 12/13/12--09:02: _Usage-Based Insuran...
- 12/19/12--08:02: _Women Drivers May G...
- 06/25/13--07:11: _What is Usage-Based...
- 06/26/13--11:45: _Insurance Rates Up,...
- 08/21/13--16:02: _Usage-Based Insuran...
- 10/03/13--06:02: _Drivers Rarely Shop...
- 11/13/13--07:31: _Bad Credit History ...
- 04/25/14--07:54: _Drivers Saved an Av...
- 05/01/14--07:15: _Walmart Will Start ...
- 05/02/14--13:02: _Auto Insurer Create...
- 04/25/12--09:10: Insurance Tips to Keep Costs Down
- 06/25/12--12:52: Driver Satisfaction with Insurance Increasing: Study
- 06/25/12--15:02: Automatic In-Car Breathalyzer Under Development
- 07/10/12--15:40: Progressive Determines Driver Safety with Device, Lures Customers
- 08/28/12--10:45: What to do if You Are Involved in an Accident
- 11/07/12--10:02: Fisker Reports $30 M Loss in N.J. Port From Sandy
- 11/22/12--15:32: Animal-Related Car Crashes Spike in November: Study
- 11/26/12--13:01: How to Drive on Snow and Ice: Winter Driving Safety Tips
- 12/06/12--15:32: Classic Car Collectors Suffer Big Blow from Sandy
- 12/07/12--13:01: Drivers Not Prepared for Winter Weather: Survey
- 12/13/12--09:02: Usage-Based Insurance to Dominate by 2020: Study
- 12/19/12--08:02: Women Drivers May Get Insurance Price Hike in UK
- 06/25/13--07:11: What is Usage-Based Car Insurance?
- 06/26/13--11:45: Insurance Rates Up, Customer Satisfaction Down: Study
- 08/21/13--16:02: Usage-Based Insurance Proving to be Popular
- 10/03/13--06:02: Drivers Rarely Shop For Cheaper Insurance: Study
- 11/13/13--07:31: Bad Credit History Could Double Your Insurance Rates: Study
- 05/01/14--07:15: Walmart Will Start Selling Car Insurance
- 05/02/14--13:02: Auto Insurer Creates Pay-by-Mile Program
Insurance Tips to Keep Costs Down
Relief at the gas pump seems to be a pipe dream. Prices are rising and drivers are rethinking budgets to accommodate. One way to help save money is through your insurance. According to certified financial planner Rick Rodgers, car insurance can be a good place to start saving money. The average annual insurance premium is... more
Driver Satisfaction with Insurance Increasing: Study
Overall, drivers are more satisfied with their insurance companies this year than last, according to J. D. Power’s 2012 U.S. Auto Insurance Study. “Although satisfaction with price remains consistent from 2011, auto insurance companies have made great strides in all other areas,” said Jeremy Bowler, senior director of the insurance practice at J.D. Power and... more
Automatic In-Car Breathalyzer Under Development
Everyone should take note of this: Swedish company Autoliv is developing an in-car breathalyzer that works automatically to keep drivers from taking intoxicated trips. “It should be seamless. You should not notice the car has an alcohol detection device in it,” said Autoliv CEO Jan Carlson to Automotive News of the new device. It’s still at least five... more
Progressive Determines Driver Safety with Device, Lures Customers
Drivers who buy auto insurance from Progressive are probably accustomed to the idea of having their driving patterns tracked for the chance at a discount, but now the company is using its program to tempt customers from under competing companies. Probably one of the most logical policies in the insurance world today, Progressive offers current... more
What to do if You Are Involved in an Accident
Your car is at a standstill, your heart is racing, if you’ve just been in an accident, chances are you’re a little shook up. Take a deep breath. There are a few things to go over when you get into an accident, especially if another driver is involved. First thing’s first, make sure that everyone... more
Fisker Reports $30 M Loss in N.J. Port From Sandy
Fisker is reporting that it lost $30 million in inventory after Superstorm Sandy flooded a New Jersey port. Each Fisker Karma starts at around $100,000, meaning the company’s inventory lost 300 cars. Earlier in the year, the brand reported selling $100 million, or 1,000 units which gives some insight into how deep the storm likely... more
Animal-Related Car Crashes Spike in November: Study
It turns out that deer season is dangerous for more people than the Elmer Fudds among us who hunt without an orange vest. Animal crashes spike in November according to the Highway Loss Data Institute. Vehicle damage from hitting an animal is more than 3.5 times as likely in November than August — a figure... more
How to Drive on Snow and Ice: Winter Driving Safety Tips
Snow and ice on the road can make for a slippery drive home, and the snowflakes falling from the sky can limit your visibility, so it’s no wonder that there’s a definite increase in insurance claims once winter starts. “Oh yes, there are many more accidents in the winter compared to the summer,” says Anne-Marie... more
Classic Car Collectors Suffer Big Blow from Sandy
Hurricane Sandy was the most devastating blow to classic car collecting ever according to Hagerty Insurance. Hagerty, a firm which specializes in classic and collector cars, estimates between 8,000 and 10,000 classic cars were affected by the storm. Among other things, that means pricing for collector cars is likely to shoot up, at least in... more
Drivers Not Prepared for Winter Weather: Survey
This winter season, are you worried about the driving habits of other drivers, or the weather affecting your car’s driving characteristics? The latest survey from Goodyear is exposing the fact that a large percentage of drivers aren’t prepared for the winter, which is causing unsafe driving conditions for everyone else. While more than 75 percent... more
Usage-Based Insurance to Dominate by 2020: Study
You might have seen a commercial by now advertising Progressive’s “Snapshot” service. Even if you haven’t, it’s likely to happen soon. That’s because Snapshot, and other usage-based services like it, will dominate the market by 2020 according to a new study released by strategic advisory firm Strategy Meets Action (SMA). In Progressive’s case, a modular... more
Women Drivers May Get Insurance Price Hike in UK
Out in the United Kingdom, women’s insurance premiums could soar as high as 24-percent more than what they’re currently paying thanks to the EU’s Gender Directive that will be put into effect December 21st. According to comparison site Confused.com, when the EU’s Gender Directive comes into play, insurance companies will no longer be able to... more
What is Usage-Based Car Insurance?
Insurance is one of the costliest parts of owning a vehicle and most drivers would do anything in their power to lower their rates. But would you go so far as to hand over your personal driving data? A fairly new initiative, some insurance customers can now sign up to plug in a logging... more
Insurance Rates Up, Customer Satisfaction Down: Study
Overall customer satisfaction with auto insurance companies are on the decline in 2013 from an all-time high in 2012. Despite the drop this year, customer satisfaction remains comparatively high relative to the previous decade according to a recent study by J.D. Power and Associates. By measuring customer satisfaction across five factors, J.D. Power assigns... more
Usage-Based Insurance Proving to be Popular
According to recent research, more than one-in-three insured drivers would considering switching to usage-based car insurance. But can it really offer you savings between five and 30 percent as some analysts have claimed? The survey, which was conducted by Lynx Research, at the very least proves that pay-as-you-drive insurance is gaining interest despite privacy concerns... more
Drivers Rarely Shop For Cheaper Insurance: Study
According to a recent study, less than 10 percent of drivers will compare insurance rates when it’s time to renew their policy. For the most part, drivers remain loyal to their current insurers despite overall customer satisfaction trending downward in the industry. In addition, more than 20 percent of new insurance shoppers are turning online... more
Bad Credit History Could Double Your Insurance Rates: Study
Your credit score could play a significant role on how much you’re paying for auto insurance a new study has revealed. The study used a hypothetical 45-year-old, single female driver with a bachelor’s degree and no prior claims or lapses in coverage to determine how much annual premiums on auto insurance could differ by looking... more
Drivers Saved an Average $300 by Switching Insurance Companies: Study
You could be saving up to $300 annually by switching your auto insurance company. According to data from the latest J.D. Power U.S. Insurance Shopping Study, consumers saved an average of $300 off their annual premium by switching auto insurers in the past year. The leading reason customers were shopping for a new insurance company... more
Walmart Will Start Selling Car Insurance
Walmart is known for its low prices, questionable labor practices and general ruthlessness. But the retail giant that sells everything from fresh bread to fishing bait is about to enter a new market: car insurance. The multinational corporation has partnered with a price-comparison website. AutoInsurance.com will provide Walmart customers with an easy one-stop way of... more
Auto Insurer Creates Pay-by-Mile Program
City drivers can potentially save money by turning to a pay-by-mile auto insurance policy. San Francisco-based MetroMile allows motorists in California, Washington, Illinois and Oregon to pay by the mile for their auto insurance, stating that the typical person who drives less than 10,000 miles a year can save up to $400 annually. Customers simply... more